- What are Tinctures?
- Our tinctures are liquid mushroom extracts that provide a more effective solution than powders or capsules. The form best preserves the active elements and assures potency, along with being easy to use. Our mushroom tinctures were created by mycologist Joshua Sagarribay and our CSTA founder Casey Zap.
- How are your Tinctures made?
- Each tincture contains either a singular or select blend of mushroom ingredients, curated for maximum efficacy. Our mushrooms are sourced from farms in Oregon and Washington, with the exception of Chaga which is a wild harvest. We use a double-extraction process to create a full spectrum preparation. The mushrooms are steeped in vegetable glycerin and alcohol for 8-10 weeks, shaken everyday to break them down. After steeping, the mushrooms are strained, boiled in water, and preserved in the alcohol base.
- Why should I use Mushroom Tinctures?
- The mushrooms in our tinctures are specifically chosen to target and remedy specific concerns to make it easier to choose the right one for you. [You can visit our customer testimonials to see how they’ve helped others.] Our tinctures are easy to incorporate into your routine and lifestyle- simply add a few drops to water in the morning or night.
- What do your Tinctures do?
- Our different mushroom tinctures can assist and alleviate a wide variety of concerns including but not limited to: boosting the immune system, anti-inflammatory, chronic fatigue, insomnia, reducing stress, and heightening brain function. Our patrons use our tinctures to improve specific issues and their overall well-being. Each tincture’s bio breaks down exactly which studies have shown how they may aid the body, linking to further information on the active mushroom ingredients and specific medicinal properties.
- Why Mushrooms?
- Mushrooms are a unique ecological resource which provide effective and easy to use medicinal benefits. Mushrooms can be grown sustainably, and alongside their tincture uses we propagate them to benefit the ecology of the Center.
- Where can I read more?
- Accessible knowledge and education is one of our main goals as a non-profit community center. Our website provides a volume of information on mycology and mushroom tinctures including their history, propagation, pharmacology, and chemistry. Our information is gathered from reputable sources and we provide links to various external resources wherever possible. For further reading we recommend visiting our education page and the following books and articles:
- For info on making medicinal mushroom extractions…
- For info on the general health benefits of mushrooms…
- For info on the history of medicinal mushroom use…
- Expanding upon mushroom ecology…
- Articles exploring the contemporary resurgance of functional mushrooms…